LGEMA will be holding its AGM on Sunday 7th November 2021 at Tompkins Park Melville.
Members should RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
The agenda for the meeting can be downloaded here (165Kb pdf)
LGEMA will also be holding a Planning and Development Law Workshop after the AGM.
Entrance is free to LGEMA members.
The agenda for the workshop can be downloaded here (405Kb pdf)
- Compulsory LG elections reduce risk of interest groups controlling outcomes
- Lack of compulsory LG elections in WA contributes to maladministration, electoral misconduct and corruption risks including the LG electoral manipulation: see “Democracy and Its Crisis” by A.C. Grayling
- Compulsory LG elections voting in Victoria, NSW, Queensland, Northern Territory (no LG in ACT)
Please email LG Minister Carey to request compulsory voting in WA LG elections and a LG Inspectorate to enforce the LG Act Minister.Carey@dpc.wa.gov.au
For LG election information see https://www.elections.wa.gov.au/elections/local (new window)
“What I Wish I Knew When I Became an Elected Member” Attendance by invitation only
Date: Sunday 27 June 2021
Time: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Place: Tompkins Park, 642 Canning Highway, Alfred Cove, WA (Function Room)
RSVP: required to email@example.com
Entry: LGEMA Members – Free
Entry: Non-Members – by donation
Costs: Lunch and afternoon tea $20
LGEMA Bank Details: BSB 302-162, ACC 156 11 48
Program:Click here for the flyer
Donor Support: City of Melville, through Mayor George Gear
- Anyone who is thinking of standing for Council – this is for you
- Anyone who has been an Elected Member, you can contribute through your insights
- Anyone who is an Elected Member, you can contribute by sharing your insights and you might also learn some things your training has not covered
- And of course, LGEMA members can hardly stop talking and sharing stories when they get together
- Support LGEMA by bringing along new members and join us for our next LGEMA get together.